ATTENTION! Because of the current situation regarding COVID-19 and the new stricter measures of both the National Security Council and the Provincial Crisis Cell, this workshop is postponed to a later date.
In 3 courses, you'll learn the different forms and roles a beatmaker can be, the techniques and ways to create a personal sound and how you can apply this practically. You will get a bunch of creative tools in the form of:
- What is sampling?
- Why would you use sampling?
- How do you start to sample?
- Are there different ways of sampling?
- Samplers & other tools
- The legal "gray zone"
- Hands on manipulation of samples.
Interpolation & effects
- What is interpolation and why is it an important tool?
- The use of both sampling and interpolation
- Distorting sounds by creative use of effects
Beats for specific goals
- The role of a beatmaker vs a producer
- Beatmaking for pop, electronic music production, ...
- Mixing & polishing
No basic knowledge required. The minimum age is 15 years.
6, 13 and 20 August, from 19h30 to 22h30
Youniss Ahamad (Corrupted)
€ 93,50 for all courses (service fees included).
15% discount if you are younger than 26 years old.
This course is given on iMacs with Ableton 10.
Please note that this course is given in Dutch.