In 4 lessons you will learn the different roles that a beatmaker can be, the techniques and ways to make a sound your own and especially how to apply this in practice. You get a lot of creative baggage that is technically substantiated in the form of:
- What is sampling?
- Why use sampling?
- How to get started
- Are there different ways of sampling?
- Samplers & other tools.
- The legal grey zone
- Hands on manipulation of samples.
Interpolation & effectss
- What is interpolation and why is it an important tool?
- Using both sampling and interpolation
- Distort sounds by creative use of effects
Beats for specific goals
- The role of a beatmaker vs a producer
- Beatmaking for pop, electronic music production, ...
- Mixing & finishing
For whom? Anyone who is older that 15 years. You don't need any knowledge about the subject beforehand.
When? On Mondays 4, 11, 18 & 25 October, from 19h30 to 22h30.
Teacher? Youniss Ahamad
Price? €100 (incl. service fees)
15% discount if you are younger than 26 years old.
Please note that this course is given in Dutch.
This course will take place in a small group of about 9 people.
Trix strives to be an inclusive place where there is absolutely no room for any form of hate or discrimination.
/ Artwork by Vincent Fourrel ♡