In 4 lessons you will learn the different roles that a beatmaker can be, the techniques and ways to make a sound your own and especially how to apply this in practice. You get a lot of creative baggage that is technically substantiated in the form of:
- What is sampling?
- Why use sampling?
- How to get started
- Are there different ways of sampling?
- Samplers & other tools.
- The legal grey zone
- Hands on manipulation of samples.
Interpolation & effectss
- What is interpolation and why is it an important tool?
- Using both sampling and interpolation
- Distort sounds by creative use of effects
Beats for specific goals
- The role of a beatmaker vs a producer
- Beatmaking for pop, electronic music production, ...
- Mixing & finishing
For whom? Anyone who is older that 15 years. You don't need any knowledge about the subject beforehand.
When? On Mondays 7, 14, 21 and 28 February, from 19h30 to 22h30.
Teacher? Youniss Ahamad
Price? €100 (incl. service fees)
15% discount if you are younger than 26 years old.
We offer concession spots to anyone in need of them.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that this course is given in Dutch.
This course will take place in a small group of about 9 people.
Trix strives to be an inclusive place where there is absolutely no room for any form of hate or discrimination.
/ Artwork by Vincent Fourrel ♡